The Peninsular is great for cyclists of all levels with some super loops – all of which at some stage will give unmatched coastal views.
For some great cycle route inspiration visit www.komoot.com, which summarises some superb routes 15 to 30 miles in distance, many of which are intermediate road ride level on mostly well paved surfaces all from Penzance to Lands End, Hayle, St.Ives, St. Just.
For the gentle rides lovers, the Penzance to Marazion cycling trail (2.5 miles) is suitable for all levels and being a dedicated off road trail is ideal for family cycling with an opportunity to rest and explore in Marazion before you return.
Penzance Bike Hire and Guided tours – www.penzancebikehire.co.uk. A great selection of bikes for hire to suit your needs including electric bikes giving the opportunity to explore some incredible cycling trails in the area with local insight and guidance
From Penzance to:
- The Lizard (24.5 miles – 2 hours and 38 minutes)
- Lands End (11.3 miles – 1 hour and 16 minutes)
- Porthcurno (13.4 miles – 1 hour and 48 minutes)
- Mousehole (3.2 miles – 33 minutes)
- St.Ives (11.4 miles – 1 hour and 22 minutes)
- Gwithian (12.3 miles – 1 hour and 23 minutes)
- Cape Cornwall (8 miles – 56 minutes)
- Zennor (6.7 miles – 55 minutes)
- St. Michaels Mount 3.3 miles – 22 minutes)
- Kynance Cove ( 21.2 miles – 2 hours and 22 minutes)
The team also do guided cycling and walking tours including Poldark Filming Locations and with E Bike tours discover Standing Stones, Cornish Mining Heritage, Ancient settlements and Mystic sites
So….. hang up the car keys and explore by bike.
Accommodation with locked cycle storage facilities & drying rooms:
Panorama Guest House
The Summer House