Keigwin House is a friendly, family-run quality guesthouse situated on treelined Alexandra Road in Penzance. Keigwin is one of a row of Victorian houses built in the 1850s, now modernised for your comfort whilst retaining many original features. Fran and Stuart Brint moved over to Penzance from the Isles of Scilly after purchasing Keigwin in 2005. Since then, Fran and Stuart have taken on an extensive programme of refurbishment and modernisation and now enjoy welcoming guests to their home. Keigwin House is a friendly, relaxed place to stay whilst enjoying the delights that Penzance has to offer. We are also ideally placed for you to venture further afield, to explore West Cornwall.
Name: Fran and Martin Brint
Actions To Date:
• Refill mini-jars for jam and marmalade
• Mini-jars and lids for decanting yoghurt
• Sauce station instead of sachets
• Filter coffee in pots instead of sachets
• Guests can help selves to milk from fridge
• Reuse silicon food covers to cut cling film
• Refill food backs to cut freezer bags and storage
• Buy plastic free fruit and veg from Thornes
• Fresh fruit in bowls
• Water in carafes and glasses in rooms
• Refill toiletries in rooms and no single use extras like shower caps.
• Recycle guest rubbish
• Share Plastic Free PZ info on booking forms and in room information
• Refill cleaning products
• Refill cereal once current stock has been used
• Further reduce milk sachets
• Look at removing individually wrapped biscuits in rooms
“It’s just frightening seeing all the plastic in our ocean … and for my grandchildren I want the world to still be here! I don’t want to kill the planet off, so it’s logical to do it.
“It hasn’t been difficult. It’s just making the effort really, a little bit of research to find the glass containers and a bit more research to find the right cleaning products for bulk buying and refill … but no, it’s not difficult at all.”