Our Penzance shop is located on Causewayhead, the vibrant, foodie quarter of Penzance. We’re delighted to join the other artisan businesses here.
Stocking fresh organic bread, cakes and pastries daily, we are also selling wholesome sandwiches and baguettes, fresh olives and deli items. Our friendly team is on hand to advise on all our breads and talk you through the range if you’re looking for a recommendation.
We’re also a great place to stock up on hearty snacks before trips out of the Harbour, over to Scilly, up to the Minack Theatre or on the coast path!
Plastic Free Actions To Date:
• Paper wrapped bread, rolls and goodies
• Paper bags instead of carrier
• Got rid of plastic drinks bottles – apart from water
• Refill water available
• Cotton re-use bread bags
• Compostable coffee cups with a Refill scheme to reduce number given out
• Glass bottles/jars of oils and condiments
• Plastic Free Gifts
• Waste goes to food charities or anaerobic digestion
• Compostable sandwich/ pasty wraps and olive pots
• Organic cotton uniforms
• Solution to plastic water bottles, as can’t have glass in the bakery
• New packaging innovations and solutions
“At Baker Tom’s we are working towards reducing the use of plastic within the bakery and our retail shops. It is important for us to feel we are contributing to a greener way of living, encouraging our staff and customers to change the way they view disposable plastics. Making as many changes where possible in production and the distribution of our bread, we hope will inspire sustainable practices within the baking industry and motivate others to do the same. “